LEGENDS SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE A LEGAL U.S. RESIDENT CURRENTLY RESIDING IN AL, WASHINGTON DC, DE, GA, KY, MD, NC, PA, OH, SC, TN, VA or WV, AND 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER WITH INTERNET ACCESS AS OF 6/14/06. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. TWO WAYS TO ENTER: 1) To enter the Deer Park Orioles Natural Legends Sweepstakes on-line, beginning at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on 6/14/06, log on to www.deerparkwater.com or www.orioles.com and click on the icon that will take you to the "Deer Park Orioles Natural Legends" home page To register and enter on line, read the Sweepstakes Official Rules and complete the Official Entry Form including your name, complete address (no P.O. boxes accepted), phone number, e-mail address, and date of birth. Send your entry by clicking on the submit button on the Sweepstakes home page. Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on 8/8/06. Once you have registered, you can select a username and password to be allowed to visit the website to play the Natural Legends Trivia game. Participation in the Natural Legends Trivia game or your results from playing the Natural Legends Trivia game, do not affect your chance of winning any Sweepstakes prizes OR 2) To enter by mail, print your name, complete address including zip code (no P.O. boxes accepted), daytime telephone number with area code, and date of birth on a 3" x 5" card and mail in an envelope to: Deer Park Orioles Natural Legends Sweepstakes, Dept 2179, P.O. Box 3003, Rogers, MN 55374-3003. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by 8/8/06 and received by 8/14/06. Limit one (1) entry per day, regardless of method of entry. All non-winning entries will be discarded at the end of the game. Mass entries or mechanically reproduced entries will not be accepted. Neither Nestlé Waters North America Inc. (the "Sponsor"), Byte Interactive, LLC, the Baltimore Orioles nor the other MLB Entities (defined below) are responsible for incomplete, lost, illegible, mutilated, misdirected, postage due or late entries.
2. Sweepstakes Drawings:
The odds of winning any weekly or monthly prize or the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received prior to each drawing.
3. SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES:
ONE GRAND PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a trip for four (4) to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York consisting of four (4) round trip coach airline tickets to Syracuse, NY, two (2) rooms for two-nights stay (double room occupancy) at the famous Inn at Cooperstown, four (4) two day passes to the Baseball Hall of Fame, a two hundred dollar ($200) Gift Certificate to the Hawkeye Bar and Grill, and five hundred dollars ($500) spending money (awarded as a MasterCard® Gift Card in the Grand Prize winner's name); four (4) tickets to an Orioles game on September 9th, 2006 vs. the New York; a stadium tour and batting practice at Camden Yards; four (4) duffle bags (color and style to be determined by Sponsor); and one-year supply of Deer Park® Brand Natural Spring Water (awarded as 12 coupons, each good for one 24-count case of half-liter bottles). Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $4,200.
All expenses not specified herein such as; food, beverages, transportation, any and all hotel amenities are the Grand Prize winner's sole responsibility. Grand Prize winner and guests must depart from the same airport and travel on the same itinerary. Grand Prize winner and guests must be able to travel between 9/1/06 and 12/31/06. If Grand Prize winner cannot accept travel on date determined by Sponsor, winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be randomly chosen. Sponsor makes no warranty with respect to the Grand Prize and is not responsible for flight cancellation or postponements. Grand Prize winner will be notified by mail, e-mail and/or telephone by the Sponsor. In the event that the Grand Prize winner does not respond to any such notification within three (3) days or if Grand Prize winner is unable to accept the Grand Prize, a disqualification will result and an alternate Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries.
SIXTEEN (16) WEEKLY SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED: Sixteen (16) Weekly Sweepstakes Prize winners will each receive one (1) autographed baseball by a Orioles team legend (player to be determined by Sponsor); an Orioles T-shirt (size determined by Sponsor); one (1) case of Deer Park Brand Natural Spring Water (to be awarded as one (1) coupon good for one 24-count case size of half-liter bottles); and one (1) box of Super C Vitamin and Mineral Drink Mix (flavor to be determined by Sponsor) (ARV $130 each prize)
FOUR (4) MONTHLY PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED: Four (4) Monthly Sweepstakes Prize winners will each receive four (4) tickets to an Orioles game at Camden Yards (either on 8/19, 8/27, 9/23, or 9/24) (date of game will be determined by Sponsor); one (1) video game console with one (1) MLB licensed video game for that console (video console and game to be determined by Sponsor); one (1) replica autographed jersey by a Orioles team legend or a current player (player and size of jersey to be determined by Sponsor); one-month supply of Deer Park Brand Natural Spring Water (to be awarded as one (1) coupon good for one 24-count case size of half-liter bottles); one (1) box of Super C Vitamin and Mineral Drink Mix (flavor to be determined by Sponsor); and one (1) box PowerBar® Energy and Nutrition Bars (flavor to be determined by Sponsor) (ARV: $1,000 each prize) Total ARV for all prizes: $10,280
No substitutions permitted except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. The cash equivalent of any portion of any prize is not permitted, except at Sponsor's sole discretion. All taxes are the sole responsibility of winners. Winners will be notified by mail, e-mail and/or telephone by the Sponsor. Grand Prize and Monthly Prize winners will receive and be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and (where legal) Publicity Release, which must be completed, notarized and returned within seven (7) days of receipt. Guests of Grand Prize and Monthly Prize winners must also complete a Liability Release, and where legal, Publicity Release. The parents/legal guardians of minor guests, both on behalf of himself/herself and minor, must complete a release; and parent/legal guardian must accompany such minor on the trip and/or to the game. If the winners' Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability and all guests' Liability and Publicity Releases are not properly returned within the specified period of time, an alternate winner will be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries. If documents are returned as non-deliverable, or if a winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, that winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries.
4. GENERAL: By participating in this Sweepstakes promotion, each entrant agrees to (i) be bound by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and judges, which shall be final, and binding and conclusive in all respects and in all matters relating to these promotions; (ii) release, discharge, indemnify and agree to hold harmless Sponsor and the MLB Entities and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and related companies, advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents ("Designated Parties") from any liability or responsibility whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss of or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light), arising out of or in connection with this promotion or from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or participation in any of these promotions or any promotion-related activity; (iii) grant the Sponsor and the MLB Entities all rights of ownership, reproduction and use of Sweepstakes entries for any purpose whatsoever without consideration, compensation or further permission, including but not limited to an irrevocable and perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide right, in all media (now known or later developed) to use, publish, alter or otherwise exploit Sweepstakes entries without notice, review or approval; and (iv) the announcement/use of their name, Sweepstakes entry, voice, image and/or likeness for trade, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes without consideration or compensation (unless prohibited by law) by the Sponsor, the MLB Entities and those acting pursuant to Sponsor's direction, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to the Internet, without notice, review or approval and agrees to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. The "MLB Entities" shall mean the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball, its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, MLB Advanced Media, L.P., SportsOnEarth, LLC, Tickets.com, Inc., Major League Baseball Enterprises, Inc., Major League Baseball Properties, Inc. (doing business in its own name and as Major League Baseball Productions), Baseball Television, Inc. (d/b/a Major League Baseball International), the Major League Baseball Clubs, and each of their subsidiaries or affiliated entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Major League Baseball Clubs or the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball, and the directors, officers and employees of the above entities. Entrants agree that none of the Designated Parties shall be liable for: (a) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunction, technical errors or by any human error which may occur in the processing of Sweepstakes entries or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of Sweepstakes entries or other information, or the failure to capture any such information; (b) failed, incomplete, garbled, corrupted or delayed computer transmissions; (c) lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete or illegible Sweepstakes entries, or (d) any condition caused by events that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the promotion or any portion thereof should computer hardware or software malfunctions (such as but not limited to virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures) or any other causes corrupt or hamper the administration, security or proper play of the promotion, and select the winners for the promotion from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Any difference between a prize's stated value and actual value will not be awarded. The terms and conditions of baseball game tickets awarded as prizes will govern attendance at the game. Game dates and seat locations for baseball game ticket prizes will be selected by Sponsor and the MLB Entities in their sole discretion. Weekly, Monthly and Grand Prize Sweepstakes prizes will be sent to the street addresses provided by Sweepstakes Entrants at the time of registration. All prizes will be awarded if the number of entries in each daily, weekly and monthly drawing is the same or greater than the number of prizes available for such drawing.
5. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Neither Sponsor, the MLB Entities nor any of their respective agencies shall be responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web site users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment for programming associated with or utilized in the promotion and assumes any responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or technical error or unauthorized access to the Web site. Sponsor and MLB reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this promotion or Web site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; to be acting in violation of the terms of the Web site, or to be acting in an un sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to obtain more entries than the maximum number permitted, using multiple/different e-mail accounts or any other methods, will void all of that person's entries, and that person or that person's entries will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, automatic, script, BOT, macro, programmed or like methods of entry will disqualify all entries using such methods.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, THE MLB ENTITIES, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES OR RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES OR AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF INTERNET SITES www.deerparkwater.com, www.orioles.com AND www.mlb.com OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OR LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
All on-line entries must include a valid e-mail address for the entrant. In case of multiple on-line entries, only the first entry received each day will be considered. In the event of dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The "Authorized Account Holder" is the person to whom the applicable Internet service provider or other organization (such as business or educational institution) has assigned the e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
6. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion, or any prizes awarded, or the determination of the winners, shall be resolved by arbitration in Greenwich, Connecticut. The arbitration shall be governed by the rules of practice and procedure of the American Arbitration Association, which act as arbitrator; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this promotion but in no event attorney's fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for (and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim) punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Sponsor and/or D.L. Ryan Companies, LTD. and/or the MLB Entities, in connection with this promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Connecticut without regard for conflicts of law doctrine.
8. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by 8/30/06 to: Deer Park Orioles Natural Legends Sweepstakes-WL P.O. Box 7430, Wilton, CT 06897-7430.
9. SPONSOR: Nestlé Waters North America Inc., Greenwich, CT 06830.
Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are proprietary to the MLB Entities. All rights reserved.
©2006 Nestlé Waters North America Inc.